3. What do we use information for?
We mainly use your personal information so that we can provide you with quality car sales and services together with finance and leasing services’ options when requested by you.
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your data with anyone else who might. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with selected partners who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. For example, the AA who provide roadside assistance on our behalf.
However, more specifically, we may use the personal data we gather for any or all the following purposes):
Process Description Lawful Basis for Processing
Purchasing a Vehicle or Part / Booking Vehicle Service
When a customer books a vehicle service, and / or orders a vehicle or motor part from us, we obtain and enter the relevant personal data into our Dealer Management System (DMS).
These details are not directly stored by us – but order reference number is maintained on the DMS.
The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party.
Car Financing / Leasing
We assist customers in obtaining car financing and / or leasing from a variety of third parties such as Volkswagen Bank and other carefully selected financial service providers
The processing is necessary in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract to which the data subject is party.
Marketing to Potential Customers
Information is collected by our Sales, Service and/or Marketing staff when any customer, or potential customer, contacts the dealership.
We record this data in our Customer Relationship Management System and/ or DMS and use the data to market to you.
This data is then sent to carefully selected third party service providers
Where you are a potential customer:
The data subject has given explicit consent to the processing.
Where you are a customer:
The data subject has given explicit consent to the processing.
Customer Satisfaction Survey
We send out customer satisfaction surveys based on the personal data which is extracted nightly from our DMS.
This includes customers and potential customers who are inputted into CRM System/DMS. Additionally, all individuals who interact with us can be surveyed on their experience with us.
Where you are a potential customer: The data subject has given explicit consent to the processing.
Where you are a customer: The processing is in our legitimate interests to ensure the quality of services provided by our staff.
Quality Improvement / Staff Training
All phone-calls, written communications and related details stored on our internal server.
Similarly, all communications / queries received through our Web Site are kept on our server. These communications are stored for both quality improvement and staff training purposes. The processing is in our legitimate interests in providing a high standard of services to our customers, by assessing the ongoing development and identifying areas for improvement.
We operate a CCTV system on our premises to protect the safety and security of our staff, visitors and property. The processing is in our legitimate interests as a private company regarding Safety and Security.
We use your personal data to comply with antimoney laundering regulations. In the event of a customer wishing to pay us with personal funds more than €10,000, a regulatory form must be completed containing personal data. The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
Change of Ownership Documentation
We process change of ownership documentation (i.e. vehicle registration certificates) for customers through the Revenue Online Service. The processing is necessary in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract to which the data subject is party.
Safety Incidents / Product recall
We may use your personal data to contact you regarding an urgent safety measure and / or a product recall. The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
Staff Data For data subjects who are Employees of the dealership, we may use your personal data during our operations such as for human resources and payroll purposes.
The processing is in our legitimate interests as a private company as well as necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
To enable us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
1. To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us (for example: test drives, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific vehicles);
2. To provide vehicle support and services (for example warranty services); To support us in understanding customers’ and drivers’ needs
1. To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our website, applications, customer service centre and authorised repairer network are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it doesn’t identify you personally);
2. To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned in the paragraph above; Processing is necessary for product development purposes (for example to improve vehicle quality, performance and safety);
1. In some cases, we may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us (including the sharing of your personal information with the manufacturer. We collect and analyse this information in this way so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you by tailoring and making relevant all our service and communications (for example, when your mileage suggests your vehicle is due for a service); Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
1. To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry, closed your browser with items in your shopping basket or requested a test drive, brochure or other information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services (and in ways the law allows), which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time;
2. To contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business or where we have obtained your business contact details from our authorised repairer network or an online or public business directory. In relation to any such information we send
3. by email or SMS, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing;
4. To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the social media and other platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
5. To identify and record when you have received, opened or engaged with our website or electronic communications;
6. To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes.
Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
1. To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
2. For network and information security purposes i.e. for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
3. To comply with a request from you regarding the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists to be able to comply with your request);
4. To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
We may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements (for example to register your car with the (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency).
Not Providing Information
If you do not provide us with all the information we require, the resulting action may be that we are not able to fully offer you our services.
Furthermore, some services provided by us require certain categories of information, without which, we may not be able to provide you with the service.